Steakhouse Experience at HomeAdded 2012-04-30
Nothing says summer BBQ like mouth-watering steaks on the grill. Cut from Canada AAA or USDA Choice, our President’s Choice® tender & tastyTM beef, in our opinion, offers exceptional quality, flavour and tenderness for a steakhouse experience at home for less.
Chef’s Tips to Cook the Perfect Steak
1. Purchase a nicely trimmed and well-marbled steak – don’t be afraid of a little fat,
that’s what flavours the beef !
2. Remove the steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to grilling.
3. Preheat the grill, clean it and oil it with a cloth.
4. Pat the steak dry with a paper towel and place on grill.
5. Be patient, and avoid unnecessarily moving or flipping the steak.
6. To retain juiciness, let the steak rest off the grill for 5 minutes prior to slicing.
Find Your Match!
Each of us likes a different balance between flavour and tenderness in our steaks. Here’s our simple chart to help you find your steak match.
Flank or Top Sirloin
Very flavourful, best cooked medium rare.
Well portioned, grills evenly.
Balanced flavour and tenderness, bone adds flavour.
Well marbled with succulent flavour.
Most tender with delicate flavour, great wrapped in bacon for extra moisture.